Summary of TAFE Queensland student rules:
- The Student Rules outline your responsibilities and apply whether you are on campus or undertaking a related activity off campus.
- If you break the Student Rules, disciplinary action may be taken against you.
Personal conduct and behaviour:
- Treat people with respect and fairness, and expect it from others. Bullying and harassment of students or staff is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Follow the classroom rules set out by your teacher, including being respectful to others.
- Unlawful activities, including possessing or using illegal drugs or carrying weapons, will be reported to the police.
- Treat all institute computers and equipment with care, and report any damage to institute computers and other equipment to your teacher.
Enrolment, attendance and progress of study:
- Be sure to enrol and have fee arrangements in place before commencing study/classes.
- Speak to your institute's student services/customer services if you plan to withdraw or transfer your enrolment.
- Attend classes and placements regularly and on time.
- Speak to your teacher and student services/customer services if you are experiencing any difficulties in the progress of your study. Support is available to help you achieve your study and career goals.
Assessment, academic appeals, misconduct and misconduct appeals:
- Complete your assessments on time, and follow any instructions by your teachers. Talk to your teacher if you are experiencing difficulties in meeting assessment timeframes.
- Follow all instructions for assessments and examinations. If you are disruptive you may be asked to leave an assessment or examination.
- If you are found to have broken the institute's academic or behavioural rules you may be subject to a misconduct process, which can result in suspension or exclusion from the institute.
- If you don't agree with an assessment grade or with a misconduct decision, you have the right to appeal using the institute's academic and misconduct appeals processes.
Results and awards
- You will be given your Results of Assessments electronically.
- If you lose your qualification or statement of attainment you can get a new one by speaking to your institute's student services/customer services. Fees may be applicable.
For further information, please access the full version of the TAFE Queensland Student Rules.