We're here for you!
TAFE Queensland East Coast Student Support team are here to support you through your studies to give you the best chance of success.
We are with you every step of the way, from helping you choose the right course for you, extra tuition, guidance with your studies and assignments and transition from study to work - we're here to help you!
- Getting started. Whether you are wanting to change careers, upskill or start a career, we can help you pick the right course to get you where you want to be.
- From study to work. We can support you with tips on job search strategies, creating a professional resume, providing information on answering selection criteria and preparing for interviews.
- Additional support. Study, family, work- sometimes it all gets too much. We can help you work out a balance, reduce study loads or create a study timetable to find the right fit.
- Exceptional circumstances. Sometimes stress can impact your studies. Relationship breakdowns, moving house, financial strains can all effect your time at TAFE. We can help you plan how to get back on track with study and help you find additional support in the community.
- Disability Support. We encourage you to discuss your study needs with us before enrolment or, if you are already enrolled, as soon as possible. We will work with you to develop an individual support plan which may include the loan of assistive technology.
- YourTutor Online tutors who specialise in engineering, electrical maths, accounting and business are ready to help you succeed. YourTutor can also proofread assignments and help with essential skills. Access live online help Sunday to Friday, 3pm to midnight!
- Connect and Catapult. TAFE Online learning management systems where you access your resources and assessments. We can teach you the tricks so you can be comfortable to navigate your way through Connect and Catapult.
- Study skills. Learn how to be efficient in your study, skim reading, note taking - make the most of your time.
- Drop-in group study sessions. When you need extra help from likeminded people.
Available to all students 8am-4 pm via phone, email, online rooms or face-to-face
Face-to-face and phone appointments are available with our Support Officers and International Student Support Officer. To book an appointment, phone Student Support on 1300 656 188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Support Timetable Term 1, 2017
Study support will be available for any student every Tuesday and Thursday from 31st of January 2017 for Term 1.
- Tuesday - 10:00am - 12:00pm - Drop-In Support Mooloolaba Library
- Thursday - 10:00am - 12:00pm - Drop-In Support Mooloolaba Library
Online students can access resources for using Connect and Catapult through online rooms here.
International students can access information on accommodation, transport, health and doctors through the International Student Support Officer 4120 6336 or 0409 068 027. Or there is a special after-hours hotline for TAFE Queensland International students 1800 644 044
In case of emergency, ring 000 or go to your local hospital emergency department.