Their future is in your hands
The early years of a child's life are critical for their health, development and wellbeing and you can be a part of this important journey with a course in early childhood education and care.
Caring for and supporting children's education is a privilege and a great responsibility. We will help you develop the skills and knowledge to meet the challenge of providing high quality care and plan fun, rewarding and educational experiences for children to reach their full potential during their early years.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care Bridging Program from Primary to Early Childhood
- Family day care schemes
- Education Queensland
- Long day care centres
- Before and after school care settings
- Independent schools
- Holiday and resort children's programs
- Early Childhood Teacher (Bridging Students only)
Why study early childhood education and care with TAFE Queensland East Coast
- You will be guided by highly-trained, industry-qualified teachers, who are responsive to your needs and support you individually as required.
- Our early childhood qualifications combine both theory and practice to provide you with current skills that can effectively support you to gain employment or participate in further study.
- You can move into university study and by contacting your university you may gain credit towards an early childhood teaching degree.
- You are provided with flexible study options to suit your needs choose to study on campus or externally with online support materials and placement in an early childhood setting.
- You will have an individual training plan designed to suit your personal needs and capabilities.
- You can also study while you are employed in an approved early childhood setting.
What our students say
"I love how flexible TAFE has been; I was able to work at the pace that suited me and I will have completed my diploma in under a year which is exactly what I hoped for. I found working externally suited me perfectly and with great communication from my teacher, TAFE has given me confidence and the requirements I need to start a university degree next year."
Paige Smith - Certificate III in Children's Services and Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care