Get ready to design things that others will admire
If you've got the vision, TAFE Queensland East Coast can provide you with the skills necessary for a brilliant building, graphic or interior design career. We'll help you express yourself and get you ready for a career in this ever changing and growing industry.
We also offer a variety of fashion design programs which encompass a rich array of practical experience and theoretical lessons with guidance from industry professionals.
Studying with us, you will become part of a community that wins major awards and puts you among the movers and shakers in design studies.
Design study areas
- Graphic design
- Interior design
- Building design
- Certificate III in Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Fashion short courses - sewing, pattern making etc.
Why study design and fashion with us
- Be industry ready with hands on training using the latest technology and software.
- Our teachers have close ties with industry and many remain employed in these areas, keeping them up-to-date with technology and what's happening in the business.
- At TAFE Queensland you can get the latest, job-ready skills you need and it happens quicker than at most universities.
- Get a taste for the fashion industry with the Fashion Incubator - an interactive pop-up clothing and accessories market at Sunshine Plaza that provides a platform for students to launch their labels and sell their wares.
- You'll gain hands-on experience including the chance to showcase your original garments in the annual fashion parade
What our students say
I have loved studying Graphic Design at TAFE Queensland East Coast, there has been awesome opportunities to be creative and develop a good sense of style. TAFE is very practical, relevant and geared towards preparation in the workplace. I am now ready to combine my creativity with the skills I have learnt at TAFE and make a mark in the graphic design industry.
Annalisa Jeffery - Diploma of Graphic Design
Gold medal winner - 2014 Southern Cross Design Packaging Awards