If you're serious about a career in fashion - we can bring that dream to life!
We offer a variety of fashion design programs which encompass a rich array of practical experience and theoretical lessons with guidance from industry professionals.
All courses are based at the industry standard fashion facilities at Mooloolaba which include a simulated workroom using industrial sewing machines and cutting edge equipment. Our teachers are highly skilled and you'll benefit from their extensive industry experience. You'll gain hands-on experience through these programs including the chance to showcase your original garments in the annual fashion parade.
Fashion courses at TAFE Queensland East Coast
- Certificate III in Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- Fashion short courses - sewing, pattern making etc.
Why study fashion at TAFE Queensland East Coast
- Get a taste for the fashion industry with the Fashion Incubator - an interactive pop-up clothing and accessories market at Sunshine Plaza that provides a platform for students to launch their labels and sell their wares.
- You'll have the opportunity to win a scholarship to work in London and work with Karl Donoghue
- You'll gain hands-on experience including the chance to showcase your original garments in the annual fashion parade.
What our students say
"I came to TAFE so that I could learn the skills to create something from nothing and as such my process has evolved since enrolling here. Learning pattern construction has meant that my designs now have a better fit and are more wearable."
"My philosophy for my label Awkward Chat is no matter how awkward it is, let's initiate & encourage conversations about where our purchases come from. I've loved the sustainable focus at this TAFE - I was really pleasantly surprised and didn't expect it. We've made a few recycled garments and a lady came and showed us weaving, so it's been really very cool.
Yasmin Brides - Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Technology
Founder - Awkward Chat