Take people on an experience they won't forget!
A career in the exciting event or tourism industries is perfect for those of you who love a fast paced environment where two days are never the same!! Our courses teach you the ins and outs of these diverse, challenging and highly rewarding career options.
Our hands-on, practical training will give the opportunity to become involved in real events almost immediately. Learn how to plan, organise and execute a range of occasions from gala balls through to sporting events and everything in between.
If you have more flair for travel and tourism though, our course options will have you competent in reservations, and tourism advice in your local community in no time.
Tourism and events courses at TAFE Queensland East Coast
- Certificate III in Events
- Certificate III in Events (Online)
- Diploma of Events
- Diploma of Events (Online)
- Certificate III in Travel
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
Why study tourism and events with TAFE Queensland East Coast
- You will learn from industry recognised and connected teachers
- Events team - finalists at the 2013 Australian Events Awards - Best Education category.
- Tourism team finalist at the 2014 AFTA National Travel Industry Awards - Excellence for the Best Registered Travel Industry Training Institution
- You'll receive hands on experience by having an active role at various live events such as the Mooloolaba Triathlon, Tough Mudder, fashion parades, charity events, Noosa Festival of Surfing, Walk for Daniel.
- Events students have a number of internship opportunities as a part of their course with IRONMAN Asia Pacific, Noosa Festival of Surfing and Hot Events.
- Our established pathways with universities and dual qualifications with the University of the Sunshine Coast
- Flexible study options to suit your needs - study on campus or online
What our students say
"The staff guiding me through both the diploma and bachelor courses helped me to achieve my professional goals and aspirations and shared their wealth of knowledge from their own industry experience. I credit the position I have today on the Sunshine Coast with the skills I learned and the key industry contacts I made throughout my course."
Belinda Fallon - Diploma of Events / Bachelor of Business